[Libs-Or] StoryCorps' National Day of Listening, November 27

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Wed Nov 4 10:27:15 PST 2009

Dear Colleagues: I have been asked to forward the following information
about StoryCorp¹s National Day of Listening that is coming up on November
27th. I hope some of you will consider participating ...

***********

StoryCorps' National Day of Listening resources are up and ready!

Libraries can visit http://www.nationaldayoflistening.org/ to download our
free Do-It-Yourself Instruction Guide
<http://www.nationaldayoflistening.org/participate/#>  with step-by-step
interview instructions, equipment recommendations and great questions.

There are several other ways libraries can get involved in the National Day
of Listening.
* Distribute StoryCorps' Do-It-Yourself Instruction Guide
<http://www.nationaldayoflistening.org/participate/#> at your facilities,
and encourage patrons to conduct their own Do-It-Yourself recordings with a
loved one on the day after Thanksgiving.
* Provide recording equipment and a quiet recording space for people to
record National Day of Listening interviews at your facility.
* Download StoryCorps' Community Service Toolkit
<http://www.nationaldayoflistening.org/participate/#>  and host a National
Day of Listening event using our event guide.
* Utilize StoryCorps' online support materials
<http://www.nationaldayoflistening.org/stations/> , such as our web banners,
logos, customizable web text and Facebook fan button.
* Post the National Day of Listening flyer included in the Community Service
Toolkit on your community bulletin board.
* Incorporate StoryCorps Education Toolkit
<http://www.nationaldayoflistening.org/participate/>  into your library's
existing education programs.
* Recommend Listening Is an Act of Love <http://www.storycorps.org/book>  as
a book club selection for the month of November.

Sacha Evans
StoryCorps
80 Hanson Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217