[Libs-Or] "Words Worth Paying For?" panel discussion in Portland

Karen Munro kmunro at uoregon.edu
Tue Nov 10 10:33:08 PST 2009

Join the UO Portland Library & Learning Commons and the Journalism School¹s
Turnbull Center Monday, Nov 16 6-8 pm for a panel discussion on the future
of digital publishing.

Panelists will include novelist Katherine Dunn, author of Geek Love, Dennis
Stovall, director of publishing and publisher of Ooligan Press at PSU, and
Vailey Oehlke, director of Multnomah County Libraries.  Together with Al
Stavitsky, director of the Turnbull Center, the panelists will discuss the
place of electronic book devices such as Amazon's Kindle and Sony E-reader
in digital publishing, as well as the future for publishers, authors,
journalists, librarians and booksellers.  We'll share conversation, food and
drink as part of a lively evening hosted by the UO Portland and partners in
the White Stag Block. All are welcome to this free, public event.  No RSVP
required.

You can keep track of everything that¹s going on at the Portland Library &
Learning Commons by becoming a fan of our new Facebook page
(http://tinyurl.com/uopdxllc)

--
Karen Munro
Head, UO Portland Library and Learning Commons
kmunro at uoregon.edu