[Libs-Or] The City of Portland Archives and Records Center is moving

Hansen, Mary Mary.Hansen at ci.portland.or.us
Tue Nov 17 11:07:10 PST 2009

Hello,

Change is coming to the City of Portland Archives and Records Center!  We are excited to finally be packing up and moving from our home in Chimney Park to our new location on the PSU campus.

With over 30,000 boxes to inventory and move, we will be closing to the public on November 30th and if all goes according to plan, re-opening May 1st. That means no in-person appointments or phone or email research questions answered until we reopen our doors.

We have created a FAQ that is located on our website (http://www.portlandonline.com/auditor/index.cfm?&a=272520&c=26978) to answer questions about the move since we will be busy during the move and unable to answer questions directly while we are closed. As new information becomes available we will update the FAQ.

We appreciate your flexibility and patience as we turn the page on the next chapter of the Portland Archives and Records Center.  Please check our web page during the closure for additional announcements or to keep updated on our progress.

See you in May!

Mary B. Hansen
Assistant Archivist
City of Portland Archive & Records Center
503.823.4631