[Libs-Or] Job: Kenosha, WI - WISPALS Library Consortium Coordinator
librariesandarchives at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 09:52:59 PST 2009
Apologies for cross-posting
Serving Kenosha, Racine & Walworth Counties
*WISPALS LIBRARY CONSORTIUM COORDINATOR #2047.3*
*INTERNAL/EXTERNAL Posting Date: *October 22, 2009
*POSITION LOCATION: *Academic Affairs, Kenosha
*POSITION DESCRIPTION: *The primary responsibilities of the WISPALS Library
Consortium Coordinator are to coordinate the Consortium budget and
operations, facilitate future growth of the Consortium including marketing
Consortium services and establish services to new members, act as liaison
between Consortium and automation system and electronic services vendors,
and represent the Consortium to other groups and agencies.
*REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Applicants must meet ALL of the required
• Master's Degree in Library Science.
• Three years library experience such as cataloging, resource selection, web
• Working knowledge of library administration and operations including
planning and budgeting.
• Experience using and supporting library automation system.
• Experience maintaining, updating and posting to web pages.
• Knowledge of personal computer systems operating in a network environment.
• Strong Organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively
both orally and in writing.
• Experience using / supporting personal computer systems and applications.
• Knowledge of grant-writing and potential funding sources.
• Working knowledge of library consortia and library/consortia management.
*DOCUMENTATION: *Your application will be considered complete when we have
received: 1) a completed application; 2) a cover letter; 3) college
transcripts; and 4) a resume. Please furnish photocopies of transcripts for
any postsecondary education. Indicating "see resume" in blanks does not
constitute a completed application and results in disqualification even when
a resume is provided.
*CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: *Administrative salary to commensurate with
experience $45,000-$55,000/year. 40 hours per week; 12 months per year;
Hours: 7:45-4:30 p.m.; Monday thru Friday. Benefits include medical/dental,
life, long term care and disability insurance, paid holidays, paid sick
leave, paid vacation and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Continuation of this position contingent on funding.
*STARTING DATE OF EMPLOYMENT: *As soon as possible.
*APPLY TO: *Gateway Technical College
Human Resources, Administration Building
3520 30th Avenue
Kenosha, WI 53144-1690
(262) 564-2868 or email jobs at gtc.edu
*APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH 4:30 p.m. December 1, 2009. *It is the
applicant's responsibility to meet this deadline. An application postmarked
by the closing date but not received in the Employee Services department has
not met the deadline.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, sex or national origin.
Gateway Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Educator/Employer
operating under an Affirmative Action Plan.
Telephone: (262) 564-2868 Fax: (262) 564-2838 Internet: www.gtc.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or