[Libs-Or] Alliance-Research Interest meeting December 11

Laura Zeigen zeigenl at ohsu.edu
Thu Oct 1 10:14:53 PDT 2009

Alliance Research Interest Group Meeting
Friday, December 11
10 a.m.-12 noon
White Stag Building – downtown Portland (or through Adobe Acrobat or video conference online – a list of public video conference sites is available at http://www.co.washington.or.us/LawLibrary/whats-new.cfm. Please contact the site directly if you are interested in using a facility.)

The Alliance Research Interest Group (RIG) was formed to help Alliance and other Pacific Northwest libraries leverage our institutional resources to help educate us about doing research and presenting statistical and research data and more. Per the last in-person Alliance-RIG meeting in July, we want to meet in person again in December to discuss where our projects are and where they can go.

Current projects include:

Information literacy assessment comparison between institutions

Web logs comparison

Electronic journal availability study

Instant Messaging (IM) transcript analysis

If you are interested in participating in the December meeting, please email Laura Zeigen (zeigenl at ohsu.edu<mailto:zeigenl at ohsu.edu>) or Robin Paynter (paynter at pdx.edu<mailto:paynter at pdx.edu>).

In the meantime, please consider signing up for the Alliance-RIG listserv and/or Wiki:

Alliance – Research Interest Group (RIG)
http://www.orbiscascade.org/index/research-interest-group

Alliance – Research Interest Group (RIG) Wiki
http://nwlibresearch.pbworks.com

Laura

Laura Zeigen, MA, MLIS
Systems & Web Development Librarian