[Libs-Or] Gale Databases

Janet Baker JBaker at cityofsalem.net
Tue Oct 6 13:58:03 PDT 2009

I am a librarian at Salem Public Libraryhaving some problems with the
Gale databases and I was wondering if you have encountered similar
problems.

Formerly, with the EBSCO databases, it was possible to create a journal
alert which sent a journal’s complete Table of Contents to an email
address, with links to the full-text articles.

With the Gale databases, it is possible to create journal alerts, but
only the first 5 articles listed in a selected journal's Table of
Contents are forwarded to the email address. Unfortunately, these first
5 articles are not the major journal articles, and are not useful.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with the Gale?

Thanks,

Janet

Janet Baker
Reference Librarian