[Libs-Or] One Month to CSD Fall Workshop!

Rick Samuelson ricks at wccls.org
Wed Oct 7 08:06:17 PDT 2009

Hi library people!

I feel like I'm caught up in some kind of crazy timewarp.. only one
month to the CSD Fall Workshop?!  Unbelievable!

I'm sending out this email because one of the original reminders
contained a faulty link (for some reason, Outlook likes to mess up
linkable text when I cut-and-paste).  At any rate, here is the address
of the CSD webpage (from where you will find a link to the Workshop):
http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=61033

If that doesn't work, find the CSD webpage by visiting www.olaweb.org
and clicking on "OLA Units" on the upper right of the screen.. then
follow the link to "Children's Services" in the center of the screen.

Can't wait to see everybody in a month!  Here's the text from the
previous email sent out around the middle of September (and I apologize
for cross-posting!):

The CSD Workshop is taking place at the Beaverton City Library on
Saturday November 7th.  There is a $20 registration fee, which gets you
morning coffee, a delicious lunch, and snacks!  All in all, it promises
to be a great time.  We're mixing things up a little this go-around,
focusing on the school-age audience.  With Reading for Healthy Families
kicking into full-swing and energizing the early literacy scene around
the State, we thought it might be a good opportunity to spend some time
with the kids as they grow up.

Nancy Sullivan, founding member of Fund Our Future Oregon (a local group
dedicated to creating strong school libraries for every child in
Oregon), will be presenting on School & Public Library Collaborations.
This is your chance to get the inside scoop on how to best form
partnerships with your school library counterparts!  Get ready to make
the dream a reality!

Last year we shared storytime ideas.  This year, we're sharing
school-age program ideas.  Send me your basic plan or write-up and I
will work everything into a nice & neat handout.

2010 Summer Reading Club manuals will be distributed after the morning
workshop.  And we will be hosting our annual Silent Auction (bring
something fun to auction off & come prepared with cash or check to buy,
buy, buy.. watch out for the white elephant!)

I can't wait to see everybody!

Email me with any questions.

Bye!

Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian
Chair - Children's Services Division of OLA
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln, MS 58A
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-9809   5#
ricks at wccls.org

"The clever men at Oxford
Know all that there is to be knowed.
But they none of them know one half as much
As intelligent Mr Toad!"
-Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows