[Libs-Or] Senate to resume mark-up of PATRIOT Act reauthorization legislation

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:57:38 PDT 2009

 Please contact our Senators.  They are not on the Judiciary Committee but
they will be voting on this in the long run.  Remember, the OLA Executive
Board passed a resolution (see attachment) last week that you can share with
our Senators.  You can also go to http://capwiz.com/ala/home/  to find
addresses, phone numbers and a way to send your comments. Senate to resume
mark-up of PATRIOT Act reauthorization legislation
<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=3871> October 07th, 2009 |
Category: Civil Liberties, Intellectual Freedom, and
Privacy<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?cat=10>,
OGR <http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?cat=17>

The Senate Judiciary Committee will resumes its mark-up of legislation to
reauthorize the USA PATRIOT Act Thursday.  If you haven’t contacted your
Senator yet, please take the time to do so.

Our message hasn’t changed: Congress should pass the ORIGINAL version of
Senator Leahy’s USA PATRIOT Act Sunset Extension Act of 2009, S. 1692, with
key amendments to protect civil liberties based upon S. 1686, the Judicious
Use of Surveillance Tools in Counterterrorism Efforts (JUSTICE) Act.
Congress should also consider reforms of national security letters (NSLs)
now as legislation on reform and reauthorization of Section 215 of the USA
PATRIOT Act moves forward.

Please visit our Legislative Action
Center<http://capwiz.com/ala/callalert/index.tt?alertid=14111146&PROCESS=Call+Now>for
more information and to contact your Senator.

Lynne Bradley
Director, Office of Government Relations

http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=3871

--
Diedre Conkling
Lincoln County Library District