[Libs-Or] Do you belong to ALA? Why or why not?

Emily Ford fordem at ohsu.edu
Mon Oct 12 13:00:26 PDT 2009

Hello Oregon!
I just wanted to pass along some information about a campaign being launched by an ALA Task Force. We are the Young Librarians Task Force and we’re trying to gather information to report to ALA’s Executive Board about what ALA can do to improve and better serve young and new librarians.

Whether you’re an active, enthusiastic ALA member, or ALA participation sounds as painful as getting your teeth pulled, we want to hear from you. What do you see as the association’s benefits and drawbacks? Why do you participate, or why don’t you want to be involved? Post your 1-minute video response to our YouTube group<http://www.youtube.com/group/whyala>.

Read more about the Young Librarians Task Force on our blog: discuss.ala.org/younglibrarians<http://discuss.ala.org/younglibrarians>

And please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,

Emily
Emily Ford, MLS & MIS
Reference Librarian
Instruction, Research & Outreach
Oregon Health & Science University Library
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR 97239
E-mail: fordem at ohsu.edu
Phone: 503-494-3915