[Libs-Or] H1N1 precautions

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Sat Sep 12 14:17:23 PDT 2009

Hi all,

As we move into fall, our city and library are gearing up for the H1N1 (swine flu) season.  I would like to ask if people would share what they are doing in their libraries, especially if they've found a really good product to allow patrons to sanitize keyboards or other surfaces.

Are you taking the toys out of your children's room?

Are you providing hand sanitizer or wipes to those using your public computers?

Are your circ staff looking at using gloves at checkin? or checkout?

Are you canceling storytime at any point?

Are you sanitizing books and other materials as they are returned?

And with that, everyone wash your hands to the tune of Happy Birthday, Twice!

Leah