[Libs-Or] Library Advocacy Day at ALA in DC

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Wed Apr 21 10:05:55 PDT 2010

Dear Colleagues:

Are you planning to attend the ALA Annual Conference in DC this June? If so
I hope you will plan to attend the Library Advocacy Day Rally on Tuesday,
June 29th.

For the first time ever, ALA is planning a mass rally of librarians and
library supporters on Capitol Hill.

Time: Gathering after 10 am with the program beginning at 11 am
Location: Upper Senate Park on Capitol Hill
Transportation: Buses from the Convention Center or take the Metro to Union
Station

ALA prefers that you register for the event. Here is the website that has
lots more information: <http://www.ala.org/lad>.

If you click ³Register Now² on this website it will take you to a screen
asking you for your ALA password and user name. Once you have entered this
it takes you to the ALA conference registration page. If you have already
registered you¹ll want to ³view/modify² your registration to register for
Library Advocacy Day (click the ³Add items² button under ³Pending Purchases²
then look for Library Advocacy Day under ³ALA² events). If you haven¹t
registered, be sure to select this event when you register.

If all this is too complicated and you plan to be in DC on June 29th, please
just show up. We should have a sign for our state, so look for it and rally
with your Oregon colleagues.

Please let me know if you have questions about Library Advocacy Day.

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-4367
(fax) 503-585-8059
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us

Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.