[Libs-Or] Sign up for a Lightning Round (or two) at Reference Renaissance 2010 conference

Justine Shaffner jshaffne at BCR.ORG
Fri Apr 23 11:04:03 PDT 2010

Sign up for a Lightning Round or two when you register for the 2nd
Reference Renaissance conference

Quick!  You have 5 minutes to tell your colleagues about a great
reference program, resource, service, or idea (maybe even about what you
think will be the future of reference).

We're looking for ideas that inspire and engage our students and patrons
and make their lives easier and better.  Maybe you'll tell us about a
new technology that will change the way we do business.  Or one that
just makes it easier for users to reach professional help at the
library.

Since time is short, lightning talks are fast and fun and require little
effort beyond the expertise and experience you already have.  And, of
course, by including photos or videos you can pack even more information
into your presentation. Lightning talks will give more people a chance
to participate and will allow many more ideas to be thrown into our
two-day discussion about the future of reference.

A Reference Renaissance 2010: Inventing the Future
<http://www.bcr.org/referencerenaissance/index.html>  will be August
8-10, 2010 in Denver, CO, so when you register for the conference, click
the lightning talk participation box and submit a title (or two or
four).  We want to hear what's new and cool with reference services at
your library.  What do you worry about when you think about our future?
What do you hope for?  Are you working on a project that you believe
represents some of what the future has to offer us?  We're looking for a
nice mixture of practical, visionary, funny, dire, and inventive.
Wherever you are in the library or your career - from library director
to library student - you have something to add to this discussion.

Your early submission will help us plan a better conference, but you
will also have a chance at the conference to sign up to do a lightning
talk.

Justine Shaffner, MLS

Library Services Consultant - Public

BCR