[Libs-Or] [Etude] The summer 2010 issue of Etude is here

Michael J Werner mwerner1 at uoregon.edu
Wed Aug 4 07:28:48 PDT 2010

The summer 2010 issue of Etude: The Journal of Literary Nonfiction
is
here
http://etude.uoregon.edu  [1]

In this issue…

* _AKEMI JOHNSON_
reports on race and relationships in Okinawa.
* _ROBERT REBEIN_ rides a
bucking bronc and lives to tell the tale.
* _KATIE DETTMAN_ profiles a
soldier who uses art to heal his psyche.
* _T.R. FRANK _chronicles a
sweet, sweet business.
* _REINE DUGAS BOUTON_ discovers her inner
Latina.

* In LISTEN UP, our audio feature, listen to _ANDREW REVKIN_,
dot earth blogger and former New York Times environmental reporter.

*
In WIDE ANGLE, our multi-media feature, watch an audio slideshow by _SAM
ABRAMS_ about The Oregon Vagabond, a newspaper for and by street people
in Eugene, Oregon.

Plus…

* Author, documentarian and broadcaster
_PETER LAUFER_ talks about multi-platform storytelling with interviewer
Katie Campbell.

* _THOMAS HAGER_ looks at the e-book revolution.

*
_LAUREN KESSLER_ wonders if style is measurable.

* Our thoughtful
reviewers comment on seven new literary nonfiction books on topics
ranging from diamonds to doomsday machines, from Will Shakespeare to Al
Capone.

ETUDE  [2]is published quarterly by the Literary Nonfiction
program at the University of Oregon's School of Journalism and
Communication.

As always, we encourage and invite your comments. Use
the "contact us" link on the magazine's website.

Look for our AUTUMN
2010 issue on October 31.

All back issues are archived at our
site.