[Libs-Or] Oregon Days of Culture

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Wed Aug 25 14:13:15 PDT 2010

Dear Colleagues: I am forwarding this at the request of the Oregon Cultural Trust. I hope you will post your events for the week of October 1-8 on the Days of Culture website and post your own cultural confession. I did! --> Jim

**************
With Oregon Days of Culture, October 1 – 8, the Cultural Trust offers a great promotional opportunity for your library.   During that 8-day week, the Trust invites Oregonians to Celebrate!Participate!Give! to Oregon culture at www.oregondaysofculture.org <http://www.oregondaysofculture.org> . All you have to do is register and post your events; it takes about five minutes.  Anyone can post – organizations or individuals. Events can be public or private, ticketed or free.  Your event page can include links to your website, ticketing and/or donation page.  The Trust’s job is to drive people to the website with advertising, promotion, social media and publicity.

The site remains open for posting through September 17 at 5 PM.  The earlier you get your events posted, the better the promotional value.  And, remember, October 8 is a statewide teacher in-service day when lots of parents will be looking for activities for their kids.

While at www.oregondaysofculture.org <http://www.oregondaysofcultural.org> , don’t forget to post your cultural confession.  Registration is not required for cultural confessions or blog comments.

Join the celebration at www.oregondaysofculture.org <http://www.oregondaysofculture.org> !

Cynthia Kirk
Communications Manager
Oregon Cultural Trust
775 Summer Street, NE, Ste 200
Salem, OR 97301
503-986-0081, direct
503-480-5360, cell
503-986-0260, fax
cynthia.kirk at state.or.us
www.culturaltrust.org

Oregon Day of Culture 2010 is coming!  Presented by the Oregon Cultural Trust, it's an eight-day week celebrating everyday culture on every corner in every Oregon community.  October 1- 8, 2010:  Celebrate!Participate!Give!

------ End of Forwarded Message