[Libs-Or] FW: Book Reception Thursday Dec 2nd!

m m mmannersclatsopcc at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 12:25:32 PST 2010

If you're in Astoria tomorrow between 4-6pm...

Yay! New Art Books! Join us as we welcome the new additions! Books!
Books! Books: Helen Frankenthaler, Chuck Close, Magdalena Abakanowicz, Andy Warhol,
Kiki Smith, Cy Twombly, Installation Art, Photography, Utopias, UFOs, Metal
Party, Brooklyn , etc! Etc! Etc!

The Art Book
Reception is Thursday December 2, 4-6pm at CCC Library, 1680 Lexington ,
 Astoria . Peruse
the Art Books, nosh on a home-baked good, imbibe a juice-box juice, and take
home a special souvenir from the Whitney Museum of American Art!*

Art Books have been donated by the DUC (Distribution to Underserved
Communities) Library Program. Their Mission : Art Resources Transfer, Inc., founded in 1987, is
committed to documenting and supporting artist’s voices and work, and
making these voices accessible beyond conventional art spaces and outlets by
establishing innovative methods of distribution and access. Every
year the DUC gathers thousands of titles from galleries, colleges, and museums
from around the world. The catalogue of titles is offered to libraries,
that’s us! And then boxes and boxes of donated goodness are delivered
right to our front doors!

We are one of those art spaces beyond convention. We are your library.
Your library has been ordering from the DUC Library Program since 2003. This
year we received over 140 art books and a couple of videos. These donations are
an important element in developing a stellar Art Book collection. Come see!

Do you know someone (not student, not college employee) who would like
to take advantage of the Library’s offerings? They are welcome to visit,
read some magazines, use one of our public computers… They can also check
out items when they become a Community Patron Member, $5 for 3 months!

Yay! Art Books!

Questions? x2462 or x2508, or visit us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/pages/Astoria-OR/Clatsop-Community-College-Library/119951821362785
(you do not need a Facebook account to see Clatsop Community College Library)

* For reals, super neat art souvenirs! Also if you’re not a student you must be at least 18 years old or
accompanied by a parent or guardian.

 Thanks!

Mariah Manners

Dora Badollet Library