[Libs-Or] EVENT: ORSLA HOLIDAY TEA (reminder)

ORSLA Communications orsla.communications at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 13:56:31 PST 2010

Come celebrate the holidays together at our *2nd Annual ORSLA December Tea*.

The afternoon tea will feature *Molly Raphael <http://mollyraphael.org/>,
ALA President-Elect, presenting “Staying Power”*:  Libraries of all types
have had to change rapidly, particularly over the past two decades, in order
to survive.  How can we position our libraries not only to survive but also
to thrive as we serve our diverse communities?  What difficult choices will
we have to make in the next few years to ensure that our value remains high
for those we serve, no matter the type of library? This presentation will
offer some ideas and proposals. Please join us and share your ideas as well!

Cindy Romaine and Brent Mai, SLA President 2011 and SLA President-Elect
2011, will be there as well. Take a moment to let them know your priorities
for SLA.

*When: *Wednesday December 15

*Time: *3pm – 5pm

*Where:* Concordia University Library <http://www.cu-portland.edu/library/>