[Libs-Or] Gaming tournaments in libraries

Lisa Elliott lisae at tigard-or.gov
Wed Feb 17 17:30:14 PST 2010

Hello all! A question for the Great Big Brain: The Tigard Public Library is working on creating a series of gaming programs including tournaments using multiple consoles, like Xbox360, PlayStation3 and Wiis. I'd love to hear from those of you out there who have extensive gaming programs and tournaments about how you coordinate these events. Feel free to reply off-list to me directly. Would be a huge help. I'm wondering especially:

*         How have your tournaments worked using multiple, networked consoles?

*         What supplies and equipment have you found essential (portable projectors and screens, storage carts, memory cards, etc.)?

*         What games are the most popular and work the best for large-scale programs?

*         How have you promoted your gaming events?

*         Have you taken any equipment into schools and community centers for outreach?

*         What non-violent, or at least relatively gore-free games have been popular and successful for programs?

Thank you so much!

Lisa N Elliott
Young Adult Librarian
Tigard Public Library<http://www.tigard-or.gov/library>
lisae at tigard-or.gov<mailto:lisae at tigard-or.gov>
503-718-2654

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog it's
too dark to read."
--Groucho Marx

DISCLAIMER: E-mails sent or received by City of Tigard employees are subject to public record laws. If requested, e-mail may be disclosed to another party unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. E-mails are retained by the City of Tigard in compliance with the Oregon Administrative Rules "City General Records Retention Schedule."