[Libs-Or] Save the Date! 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit is May 7, 2010

Emily Ford fordem at ohsu.edu
Wed Feb 24 09:57:43 PST 2010

The 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit<http://www.oregonlibraries.net/summit> will be held on May 7th, 2010 at McMenamin’s Edgefield in Troutdale, Oregon.

The summit will feature keynote speaker Vanessa Fox, who has been dubbed by Seattle Business Monthly a “cyberspace visionary.” She is also the author of Marketing in the Age of Google, a book that will appear in bookstores this spring. Vanessa shares her perspective on how customer acquisition from organic search impacts marketing and user experience at ninebyblue.com<http://ninebyblue.com> and provides authoritative search-friendly design patterns for developers at janeandrobot.com<http://janeandrobot.com>.

The Summit Planning team is working to bring you a day filled with learning, interactive summit sessions, lightning talks, and fun in Troutdale.
Some of the (as of yet unnamed) sessions we’re planning include: “Intentional Reference – What do you want to try or learn during your chat sessions?,” “Hidden treasures of Oregon Libraries – Uncover unique resources in our midst,” and “In/appropriate –What makes it reference?”

Registration for the 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit will be up soon. Keep your eye out for it, and register! This year we’ll have a limited number of rooms reserved at Edgefield Manor<http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=3&id=30> for Thursday and Friday nights. Please note that room reservations can only be made by calling Edgefield at: (503) 669-8610.

Please follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/lnetoregon> and become a fan of L-Net on Facebook<http://bit.ly/buenIQ>

[cid:image001.png at 01CAB49D.FA38C4D0]<http://twitter.com/lnetoregon>  lnetoregon

[cid:image002.png at 01CAB49D.FA38C4D0]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon/L-net-Oregon-Libraries-Network/278527496534>

Emily Ford, MLS & MIS
Reference Librarian
Instruction, Research & Outreach
Oregon Health & Science University Library
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR 97239
E-mail: fordem at ohsu.edu<mailto:fordem at ohsu.edu>
Phone: 503-494-3915