[Libs-Or] [Etude] Winter issue of Etude is here

Michael Werner mwerner1 at uoregon.edu
Fri Jan 29 14:24:06 PST 2010

The winter 2010 issue of

Etude: The Journal of Literary Nonfiction

is here

http://etude.uoregon.edu

In this issue…

MARC DADIGAN follows the adventures of a real-life superhero.
META MAXWELL chronicles a cold night in a warming shelter.
BRETT CAMPBELL hangs out with homeless teens.
RITA RADOSTITZ spins a modern-day fairy tale.
CATHERINE RYAN gets a very special tattoo.

In LISTEN UP, our audio feature, ED HUMES, Pulitzer-prize-winning
reporter and
acclaimed narrative nonfiction author, talks about environmental
writing and his latest
book, ECO BARONS

In WIDE ANGLE, our multi-media feature, we present a short documentary
by
LAUREN HOELLE & ROCHELLE BARGO that offers important insights into
what itmeans to be transgender.

Plus…

ISOLDE RAFTERY interviews award-winning author (and current Oregon
Attorney General) John Kroger who, as a federal prosecutor, nailed
mafia killers, drug kingpins and Enron thieves.

FINN JOHN focuses on fake nonfiction and the author as poseur.

LAUREN KESSLER makes the case for uni-tasking.

Our thoughtful reviewers comment on eleven new literary nonfiction
books on topics ranging from runaway teens to reluctant wives, Katrina
tales to the Iraq war.

Etude is published quarterly by the Literary Nonfiction program at the
University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication.

As always, we encourage and invite your comments.  Use the “contact
us” link on the magazine’s website.

Look for our SPRING 2010 issue on April 31.
All back issues are archived at our site.