[Libs-Or] Upcoming online classes from LYRASIS

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Thu Jul 1 16:14:33 PDT 2010

Good day all, and apologies for any cross posting.

The following classes will be brought to you soon by LYRASIS, online. For more information or to register, please visit www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org>. Keyword: Classes and Events. LYRASIS Preservation classes are funded in part by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Division of Preservation and Access. Please keep an eye out for our weekly discount codes as part of our educational stimulus program and save when you register for certain classes.

We realize that classes beginning at 10 am EST may be a bit too early on the West Coast, and we attempt to schedule each class at varying time slots throughout the year.  If there's an early morning class in which you are particularly interested, and which you'd like to see in the future scheduled later in the day, please let Linda Gonzalez (linda.gonzalez at lyrasis.org<mailto:linda.gonzalez at lyrasis.org>) know.

Online Cataloging Resources and Tools (Live Online)
07/13/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

Local Holdings Maintenance Basics (Live Online)
07/13/2010 - 07/14/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

Demonstrating Value Evaluating Library Services (Live Online)
07/13/2010 - 07/15/2010, 2:00pm-4:00pm EST

Practical Approaches to Information Literacy (Live Online)
07/13/2010 - 07/15/2010, 2:00pm-4:00pm EST

Combating Plagiarism: Partnering with Faculty to Eliminate Academic Crime (Live Online)
07/13/2010, 2:00pm-4:00pm EST

Status Discarded: The Who,What, When, Where and How of Weeding (Live Online)
07/13/2010, 2:00pm-4:00pm EST

Mass Digitization Collaborative Information Session (FREE online session!)
07/14/2010, 10:00am-11:00am EST

YA Lit 2.0 (Live Online)
07/14/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

Cataloging Basics: Access Points
07/14/2010, 2:00pm-4:00pm EST

Applying the Principles of Epigenetics for a R(Evolution) in School Librarianship (Live Online)
07/15/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

20 Questions: Empowering Consumers (Live Online)
07/15/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

Evernote for Libraries and Librarians (Live Online)
07/20/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

RFID in the Library (Live Online)
07/20/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

Hidden Treasures: Rare Books in Your Library? (Live Online)
07/20/2010 - 07/21/2010, 2:00pm-4:00pm EST

Understanding Digital Photographs (Live Online)
07/20/2010, 2:00pm-4:00pm EST

Gaming in Libraries (Live Online)
07/21/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

Caring for Scrapbooks (Live Online)
07/21/2010, 2:00pm-4:00pm EST

Introduction to Grants for Preservation (Live Online)
07/22/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

OCLC Connexion Client Copy Cataloging Skills (Live Online)
07/26/2010 - 07/27/2010

Digital Photograph Collections: Access and Standards (Live Online)
07/27/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

20 Questions: Travel Reference (Live Online)
07/27/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

Introduction to Drupal for Libraries (Live Online)
07/27/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

Time Management for Librarians (Live Online)
07/27/2010 - 07/28/2010, 2:00pm-4:00pm EST

OCLC WorldCat Resource Sharing Basics (Live Online)
07/27/2010 - 07/29/2010, 2:00pm-4:00pm EST

Preservation of Photographic Materials (Live Online)
07/28/2010 - 07/29/2010, 10:00am-12:00pm EST

Mass Digitization Collaborative Information Session (FREE Session Online)
07/28/2010, 10:00am-11:00am EST

Thanks for your time in reading.

Best regards,
Linda

Linda Gonzalez
Educational Services Librarian
linda.gonzalez at lyrasis.org<mailto:linda.gonzalez at lyrasis.org>
720.215.2180
LYRASIS
1438 West Peachtree Street NW
Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30309
Toll Free: 1.800.999.8558
Fax: 404.892.7879
www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org/>

LYRASIS: Great Libraries. Strong Communities. Innovative Answers.

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Library Development Program Manager
Oregon State Library
503-378-5012