[Libs-Or] Eugene Public Library switches to BPA-free receipt paper

NOHRENBERG LaVena R LaVena.R.Nohrenberg at ci.eugene.or.us
Wed Jul 21 10:46:32 PDT 2010

Hello - Eugene Public Library has recently switched to BPA-free paper in our thermal printers.  We have received some inquiries from libraries, so I am sending this to everyone in case others are also interested.

We purchased the paper from a company called Appleton www.appletonideas.com<http://www.appletonideas.com> .

Many staff and patrons are sharing with us how happy they are that we made the switch, and we have received multiple media stories.  To evaluate whether to spend more money on BPA-free paper, our staff utilized the City of Eugene's Triple Bottom Line standard.  The Triple Bottom Line weighs the true costs of an action by considering the environmental and social costs as well as the fiscal costs.  In this case, the results showed that switching to BPA-free paper was the best decision overall.

If you would like additional information, I would be happy to be of assistance.

Thanks,
LaVena

LaVena Nohrenberg
Customer Experience Manager