[Libs-Or] Article about Marketing Your Library

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Thu Jul 22 09:54:56 PDT 2010

I just read a great article about marketing your library in the July 21st edition of American Libraries Direct.  The folks at Texas Tech University Library in Lubbock came up with a targeted, detailed plan and "saw database searches double, a 25% increase in full-text journal usage, and growth in use of our social-networking sites." I think the strategies could be modified for non-academic libraries, too.
"Up, Up, and Away: A Bird's-Eye View of Mission Marketing" by Donald H. Dyal and Kaley Daniel:
http://www.americanlibrariesmagazine.org/features/07202010/and-away-bird-s-eye-view-mission-marketing
There's also a very good editorial in today's Oregonian about the Hood River County Library situation:
http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2010/07/locking_up_an_oregon_library_a.html

FYI,
Jen
Jennifer Maurer