[Libs-Or] Bittorrent downloading in libraries--Any solutions?

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Jun 29 13:25:51 PDT 2010

This is an excellent conversation!  As a result, the State Library is going to order Complete Copyright Liability Handbook for Librarians and Educators by Tomas Lipinski.  We will send out an email on libs-or when it is available.

In the mean time, you may be interested in checking out the following DVD:

Copyright in the Digital Age: An Update by College of DuPage, c.2007
"A panel of experts discuss current copyright issues in libraries"
Presenters: Kenneth Crews, Miriam Nisbit, and Tomas Lipinski.

If you would to request this from the Oregon State Library please use your library's established interlibrary loan process or send your full name, the name of your library, complete title information, shipping address, and a phone number to the document delivery department at library.request at state.or.us<mailto:library.request at state.or.us> or (fax) 503-588-7119.  Items will be checked out to your library, not to you personally, for 4 weeks (print materials) or 2 weeks (videos).  Materials will be delivered via mail or Orbis Cascade Alliance Courier, and you may return them the same way.