[Libs-Or] Every War Has Two Losers

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Wed Mar 3 16:03:20 PST 2010

Dear Colleagues:
If you have been on this list awhile, you know that I don't make it a
practice to recommend the purchase of particular library materials.

But as an exception to this practice I want to recommend to you a new DVD
that the State Library recently purchased and that I recently viewed .

Every War Has Two Losers: A Poet¹s Meditation on Peace is based on the life
and works of the great Oregon poet William Stafford. I found it to be an
excellent film, and I feel very strongly that as many people as possible
should see it.

Please go to the film¹s website <http://everywar.com/> and watch he trailer
and consider purchasing it for your library.

The producer, Haydn Reiss is willing to sell the DVD at a 20% discount to
Oregon libraries. The $80 price he quoted to me includes public performance
rights for the film.

I hope many of you will take advantage of this.

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-4367
(fax) 503-585-8059
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us

Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.