[Libs-Or] draft of LSTA best practices for adult literacy programs for comments

Ann Reed reed_ann at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Fri Mar 5 12:16:45 PST 2010

Hello,

Oregon's Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) competitive grant program sees itself as a first-funder.  LSTA grants enable libraries to test out services or programs new to their areas.  One of the goals of the LSTA program has been to review past grants to identify best practices in different types of projects, and then share them via the Oregon State Library web pages.

At last we have a talented volunteer, Jane Scheppke, who has started mining LSTA project reports, talking with practitioners, and looking at library literature to pull together lessons learned / best practices from past LSTA grants.  I have attached the first such guide for your comments.  Jane and I would like any feedback you have on 1) readabililty 2) content or 3) format.  Would you please send us any comments by March 20?  We will incorporate your suggestions, and then publish this document on the Oregon State Library LSTA pages.

Thank you for your help.

Yours,

Ann Reed

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator