[Libs-Or] Registration Open for 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit

Emily Ford fordem at ohsu.edu
Tue Mar 9 16:22:39 PST 2010

Registration for the 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit<http://www.oregonlibraries.net/summit> is now open! You can register<http://www.oregonlibraries.net/summit/2010/register> anytime between now and May 1st, 2010.

This year’s Summit features keynote speaker Vanessa Fox<http://www.oregonlibraries.net/summit/2010/speakers/> whose book Marketing in the Age of Google<http://www.amazon.com/Marketing-Age-Google-Non-technical-Strategy/dp/0470537191/> will appear on bookshelves soon.

Additionally, we have a day of learning and thinking about virtual reference planned. Come join your colleagues and participate in interactive sessions, listen to lightning talks<http://www.oregonlibraries.net/videos?category=61159>, or give a lightning talk yourself!

Registration costs are still affordable at $25 for staff at L-net partner libraries, L-net volunteers, L-net advisory board members and students; and $50 for everyone else. And for those who are experiencing financial hardship, we are offering scholarships to cover the cost of registration. You may apply for scholarships when you register for the conference.

For out-of-towners we have a limited number of rooms reserved at Edgefield Manor<http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=3&id=30> for Thursday and Friday nights. Please note that room reservations for this block can only be made by calling Edgefield at: (503) 669-8610. Remember to do it soon or you’ll miss the discounted rate! (Just for your information, most rooms at Edgefield do not have a private bathroom. There are several options outside of the rooms we have booked<http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=3&id=106>, so don't be afraid to ask the agent what is available.)

For more information at the 2010 Oregon Virtual Reference Summit visit our web site<http://www.oregonlibraries.net/summit/2010/register>.

And don’t forget to find us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon/L-net-Oregon-Libraries-Network/278527496534> or follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/lnetoregon>.

[cid:image002.png at 01CABFA3.69141A20]<http://twitter.com/lnetoregon>  lnetoregon

[cid:image001.png at 01CABFA2.5F1AA7B0]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon/L-net-Oregon-Libraries-Network/278527496534>

Emily Ford, MLS & MIS
Reference Librarian
Instruction, Research & Outreach
Oregon Health & Science University Library
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR 97239
E-mail: fordem at ohsu.edu
Phone: 503-494-3915