[Libs-Or] PLA: Support OLA's Scholarship Program

gsharp at cclsd.org gsharp at cclsd.org
Tue Mar 23 11:25:27 PDT 2010

Thanks in advance to all of you who'll stop by OLA's booth at PLA and
make a contribution to OLA's Scholarship Fundraiser. The OLA
Past-Presidents group have a new bumper sticker available for purchase
that supports the scholarship program.

The MLIS students who receive OLA scholarships greatly appreciate your
donations. Here's a couple of thank you's from recent OLA scholarship
recipients, to give you an idea of their appreciation:

"Dear OLA. I am so honored to receive the OLA scholarship. Thank you for
choosing me. Everyday I go to work I am more sure of my choice in
earning my MLIS, and pursuing a careet as a youth librarian. Being able
to study the subject while working in libraries and directly applying
the knowledge I learn is very useful, even more wonderful that I am able
to be close to my family, and build connections with libraries right
here in Oregon where I hope to be many years in the future." -- Thank
you again, Jennifer Wolf

"Dear OLA Members: Thank you so much for offering me a scholarship for
another year! Your generosity is much appreciated. I am about to begin
my third and final year in the MLIS program at UW's iSchool. My
experience in this program has been profound and totally life-changing.
I look forward to securing my degree in May, joining the world of
professional librarianship, and becoming a contributing member of the
association. Again, my deepest thanks." Sincerely, Cherie Rainwater.

Thanks OLA members for your ongoing support for the scholarship program.
And a big thanks to the OLA Past-Presidents for volunteering to benefit
the scholarship program!!

Gary Sharp
OLA MLIS Scholarship Program

--
Gary Sharp

Director of Library Services

North Bend Public Library
1800 Sherman
North Bend OR 97549
541-756-1073 voice or fax

“A library is a shelter for the mind and spirit.”  - Tom McCall