[Libs-Or] FTF List of ALA Council Candidates

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 16:28:25 PDT 2010

*FTF List of ALA Council Candidates*

This list of candidates for ALA Council is just that, a list.  It is NOT an
endorsement of any candidates.

This list is based, for the most part, on the information candidates have
included in their biographical information:
http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/governance/alaelection/2010/councilors_at_large_.pdf..
It does not include any information from additional websites or other lists.

People on this list included past or current membership in at least one of
these groups:  ACRL WSS, AILA, APALA, BCALA, CALA, COWSL, GLBTRT, REFORMA,
SRRT and SRRT FTF.

Please read individuals candidate information for yourself before voting so
that you are really voting for someone you want to be serving all of us on
ALA Council.

Remember to only vote for the individuals you most want to be on ALA
Council, bullet vote.  Your vote counts more if you only vote for a few
individuals instead of voting for 34 people.

Here is the list:

Thaddeus Bejnar - APALA
Gladys Smiley Bell - AILA, APALA, BCALA, REFORMA
Wanda Brown - BCALA
Matthew Ciszek - GLBTRT
Roberto C. Delgadillo - REFORMA
John DeSantis - GLBTRT
Karen Downing - BCALA
Diane Fulkerson - ACRL WSS
Loida Garcia-Febo - AILA, BCALA, CALA, REFORMA, SRRT
Sol Gomez - REFORMA, SRRT
Janice Greenberg - BCALA, REFORMA, SRRT
Nancy Sun Hershoff - CALA
Florante Peter Ibanez - APALA
Julius Jefferson - BCALA
Xudong Jin - CALA
Charles Kratz - GLBTRT, REFORMA, SRRT
Mary Mallory - SRRT
Bernard A. Margolis - SRRT
Mike Marlin - SRRT
Carolyn Neal - BCALA
Melora Norman - SRRT
Cecilia Poon - APALA, CALA
Cristina Ramirez - REFORMA
Larry Romans - GLBTRT, REFORMA, SRRT
Doc Roth - BCALA, REFORMA
Jacquie Samples - AILA
James Teliha - GLBTRT
Holly Tomren - AILA
Kelvin Watson - APALA, BCALA
Tom Wilding - SRRT
Richenda Hawkins (Wilkinson) - AILA, COSWL

Please send me any additions and corrections and I will send the list out
again.  I know that it is easy to forget to include a group that is
important to you when hurriedly filling out the ALA Candidate forms.

ACRL WSS - Women Studies Section - http://libr.org/wss/
AILA - American Indian Library Association - http://www.ailanet.org/
APALA - Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association -
http://www.apalaweb.org/
BCALA - Black Caucus of the American Library Association -
http://www.bcala.org/
CALA - Chinese American Librarians Association - http://www.cala-web.org/
COSWL - Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship -
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/committees/ala/ala-coswl.cfm
GLBTRT - Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered Round Table -
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/glbtrt/index.cfm
REFORMA - The National Association to Promote Library & Information Services
to Latinos and the Spanish Speaking - http://www.reforma.org/

SRRT - Social Responsibilities Round Table - http://libr.org/srrt/
SRRT FTF - Feminist Task Force - http://libr.org/ftf/

--