[Libs-Or] Do you maintain a library blog?

Lisa Stringfield string1967 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 07:27:34 PDT 2010

Hello Libs Org members,

My name is Lisa Stringfield. I am a student in the Library Media
Assistant certificate program at Portland Community College and would
like the opportunity to interview a librarian who is currently
maintaining a library blog.  The interview will be incorporated into a
research paper I am writing for my ED 206 Seminar class.  I can
conduct the interview over the phone, via email or in person -
whatever is most convenient for you.

If you are interested in assisting me, please email me before next
Friday (May 28th), so I can schedule an interview time with you.
Thank you.

QUESTIONS:

•	Do you feel library blogs are important in an educational / library
setting?  Why?
•	How long have you maintained your library blog?  When was it
created?  Did you start the blog?
•	Do your students / patrons have access to the blog and can they
update or add information?
•	Do the faculty / staff read your library blog and provide feedback?
•	How often do you update your library blog?  How many hours a week do
you spend on your library blog?
•	Do you have RSS feeds on your blog?
•	Do you feel librarians should maintain a library blog and why?

Best,

Lisa Maria Stringfield