[Libs-Or] New Interface Coming to Gale K12 Resource Centers This Summer

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Thu May 20 10:56:30 PDT 2010

Hi,

In the recent announcement about Opposing Viewpoints, I mentioned that Gale would be updating it to a new interface this summer.  Gale has decided to move all K12 Resource Center products to that interface at the same time instead of staggering the transition.  To find out which products are affected, to preview the new interface, and to view an FAQ section, read the Gale email below.

If you have plain text email and can't open the links mentioned in Gale's announcement, this link will get you to the same page:      http://www.gale.cengage.com/NewRCs/index.htm?grid=10K12038.  Use the navigation in the column on the left to explore.

Notice that starting in June there will be webinars to train folks on the new interface.
http://www.gale.cengage.com/NewRCs/faq.htm: FAQ / About the Transition / Will there be Webinars so I can learn more?

Just to clarify, the webinars mentioned in the FAQ are offered by Gale on the national level.  They are free and you have to register through their training calendar.  We will also offer multiple webinar sessions for Oregon users in June, August, and late September or early October.  Stay tuned to the listservs for more info about that.  That means you'll have lots of opportunities to learn the new interface.

Ready to explore now?  Click on Watch an Overview in the left column of the New Resource Center site<http://www.gale.cengage.com/NewRCs/index.htm?grid=10K12038>.  I'm not sure why you have to give your name and email, but it's through Gale, so they won't spam you but might contact you directly in the near future about updates to the interface.

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Library Development
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR  97301-3950
503-378-5011
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>

To receive the latest news about OSLIS, www.oslis.org<http://www.oslis.org>, sign up for the listserv,

________________________________

The three Rs will soon take on new meaning: Reinvention. Reimagination. Revolution.

[Gale, part of Cengage Learning]<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dcgp,2yk8,71k7,b19n,6l59,gvq7>

View as a Web page<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dcgp,2yk8,7vzf,48ug,6l59,gvq7>
Join us on: [Facebook] <http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dcgp,2yk8,1l8i,bkab,6l59,gvq7>   [Twitter] <http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dcgp,2yk8,5oon,mns,6l59,gvq7>   [You Tube] <http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dcgp,2yk8,gt93,7z15,6l59,gvq7>      [Bookmark and Share] <http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dcgp,2yk8,h8ai,bw1i,6l59,gvq7>

[The transition is coming...]<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dcgp,2yk8,bu75,ddgy,6l59,gvq7>

We didn't settle for being the best

We have exciting changes in store for you when you get back to school next fall! This summer, select Gale Resource Centers will be replaced with revolutionary new products<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dcgp,2yk8,bu75,ddgy,6l59,gvq7> that deliver deep, authoritative content in context through a fast, easy interface that is designed to energize today's 21st-century students. Resource Centers being upgraded to this new experience include:

  *   Biography
  *   History: U.S.
  *   History: World
  *   Opposing Viewpoints
  *   Science
  *   Student editions (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Canadian)

Gale's new online learning environment<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dcgp,2yk8,bu75,ddgy,6l59,gvq7> will reinvent the way your students get their information. It's innovations like this and loyal customers like you that keep us at the forefront of the industry. That's why, at this time, we are pleased to provide this unprecedented experience to you at no additional cost! It's just another way Gale is bringing more value to your library in these difficult economic times.

Throughout the summer, we'll share more details to help you prepare for this exciting transition. If you just can't wait, get a taste<http://www.uptilt.com/c.html?rtr=on&s=4rs,1dcgp,2yk8,bu75,ddgy,6l59,gvq7> of what's new, different and exhilarating today!

Gale, part of Cengage Learning
27500 Drake Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48331-3535
1-800-877-GALE