[Libs-Or] Register to attend Cataloging Efficiences that Make a Difference - live simulcast in Salem, OR

Kouretas,Daphne kouretad at oclc.org
Wed Nov 3 12:27:37 PDT 2010

(apologies for duplication/cross-posting)
OCLC Member Update
You are invited to attend a live webcast of
Cataloging Efficiencies that Make a Difference
November 9, 2010
10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Chemeketa Community College
Building 9, Room 112
4000 Lancaster Drive NE
Salem, OR 97309

Can't travel to Seattle to attend "Good Practices for Great Outcomes:
Cataloging Efficiencies that Make a Difference" at the University of
Washington? Then join us at our host site in Oregon, Chemeketa Community
College, to watch the webcast and share best practices with colleagues
in an engaging and interactive group discussion.

At Chemeketa Community College, you will hear our feature speakers as
they present in Seattle in real time. Rick Newell, Senior Training
Coordinator, OCLC, will provide the latest tips and tricks for
cataloging efficiently. We'll also feature speakers from our member
community. Betsy Wilson, Dean of University of Washington Libraries,
will introduce the speakers, and a panel of local librarians will
highlight efficiencies and discuss challenges at their libraries:
 - Joseph Kiegel, Head, Monographic Services, University of Washington
Libraries
- Felicia Uhden, Manager, Technical Services, The Seattle Public Library
- Peggy Firman, Associate Director for Resource Management Services,
Collins Memorial Library, University of Puget Sound

The Seattle event will be simulcast exclusively at Chemeketa Community
College in Salem, OR. Lunch and refreshments will be provided at both
the Salem and Seattle locations.  After lunch, you'll have an
opportunity to share your cataloging challenges and solutions with your
Oregon colleagues.

This is a free event and open to all. Just ten places left, so register
today!
http://registration.oclc.org/reg/?pc=GoodPractices2010Nov9Oregon

Agenda:

10:30 - 10:45 Welcome and Introductions, Betsy Wilson, Dean, University
of Washington Libraries, and Daphne Kouretas, Member Services
Consultant, OCLC

10:45 - 11:30 Cataloging Effectively and Efficiently, Rick Newell,
Senior Training Coordinator, OCLC

11:30 - 12:30 Panel Discussion: Joseph Kiegel, Head, Monographic
Services, University of Washington Libraries; Felicia Uhden, Manager,
Technical Services, The Seattle Public Library; Peggy Firman, Associate
Director for Resource Management Services, University of Puget Sound.
Moderator: Steven Shadle, Serials Access Librarian, University of
Washington Libraries.

12:30 - 1:15 Lunch

1:15 - 2:15 Roundtable Discussion

2.15 - 2.30 Summary and Close

For directions, please visit Chemeketa Community College's website at
http://www.chemeketa.edu/earncertdegree/communitylocations/salem .

For more information, please contact RJ Pettersen at pettersr at oclc.org .

Thanks!
Daphne Kouretas