[Libs-Or] L-net Training in Portland

Emily Papagni emilyp at multcolib.org
Mon Nov 22 10:38:18 PST 2010

Hello,

Introductory training on L-net, Oregon's Statewide Digital Reference
Service, is scheduled for:

Wednesday, Dec. 8, 9:00 - 4:30

PCC Sylvania Campus Library, Room 212

12000 Southwest 49th Avenue

Portland, OR 97219-7132

L-net is Oregon's statewide virtual reference service -
http://www.oregonlibraries.net.

The training is for librarians who plan to take shifts staffing L-net's
chat, e-mail service, and text service. Librarians will receive hands-on
training with L-net’s chat software, e-mail software, and instruction on
techniques for communicating effectively online with patrons and providing
reference service online.

There are two ways to get involved with staffing L-net:

1 - Partner libraries: Reference staff at Oregon libraries may staff the
service as partner libraries. Librarians who do so staff the service at
their libraries.

2 - Volunteers: If you have reference experience, you may apply to be a
volunteer. Volunteers typically staff the service from home computers. If
you would like to participate in the volunteer program, contact me for
information about how to apply to be a volunteer.

The training is free, but space is limited and advance registration is
required. If you would like to attend, contact me and let me know if you
would like to staff L-net at a partner library or as a volunteer.

Emily Papagni, emilyp at multcolib.org

*Registration for this training will close on Monday, December 6.*

If you’re interested in the training, but unable to attend on this date,
please contact me. I'm continuing to schedule additional trainings around
the state.

Emily Papagni

L-net Partner Support Librarian

Multnomah County Library