[Libs-Or] Online Northwest 2011 – Early Bird Registration now open

Robert Monge monger at wou.edu
Tue Nov 30 01:03:04 PST 2010

Online Northwest 2011 – Early Bird Registration now open

Online Northwest is a one-day conference focusing on topics that intersect libraries, technology and culture.
Presentation topics include: Cloud computing, Institutional repositories, Information discovery, Library apps, E-books and more.

KEYNOTE

Mary Czerwinski--a Research Area Manager of the Visualization and Interaction Research group at Microsoft will be our Keynote Speaker.

In her keynote address, Mary will speak about work that Microsoft’s Visualization and Interaction Research group is doing on topics such as interruptions, multitasking and group awareness.

REGISTRATION

This year, we will make 8 discounted registrations available on a first-come, first-served basis. These discounts are intended for students and unemployed librarians who cannot afford the full registration rate. Please do NOT request discounted registration if you can afford the full rate. When all 8 discounted registrations are used, we will remove the request option from the registration form.
In addition, this year we are offering five scholarships to cover the cost of conference registration. To apply for a scholarship, please complete the online application by December 15, 2010. Scholarship applications will be notified by early January 2011.

DEADLINES
Scholarship application deadline: Dec. 15, 2010
Early bird registration deadline: Jan. 14, 2011
Refund deadline: Jan. 21, 2011

To register go to: http://www.ous.edu/onlinenw/2011/register.html

-- Robert Monge
   Instruction & Outreach Librarian