[Libs-Or] Citing from iPhone apps?

Candise Branum cbranum at OCOM.edu
Tue Oct 19 09:34:50 PDT 2010

Does anyone have any experience citing in APA for an iPhone app? I have
a student who has the Merck Manual iPhone app - I am assuming that it
would be cited as if it were computer software (4.16.92 in the APA 5th
ed.). But should it still say [Computer software] in the citation, or
would we adapt this to say [iPhone application]? I guess it is
technically a computer, but just not sure... Any ideas?

Candise Branum

College Librarian

Oregon College of Oriental Medicine

10525 SE Cherry Blossom Drive

Portland, OR 97216

503-253-3443 ext.134

Transforming healthcare by educating highly skilled
and compassionate practitioners, providing exemplary
patient care, and engaging in innovative research
within a community of service and healing.