[Libs-Or] ACTION ITEM Fwd: [District Dispatch] Tell Congress to strengthen Whistleblower Protection Act as session nears end

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 12:26:16 PDT 2010

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <jterry at alawash.org>
Date: Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:45 AM
Subject: [District Dispatch] Tell Congress to strengthen Whistleblower
Protection Act as session nears end
To: district at ala.org

FULL POST: http://bit.ly/bUCnoq
--
District Dispatch has posted a new item, ‘Tell Congress to strengthen
Whistleblower Protection Act as session nears end'

As the Government Accountability Project points out:

We are nearing the end of a decade long campaign to strengthen the
Whistleblower Protection Act. With less than 80 working days before Congress
adjourns, we need your voice to ensure passage of the Whistleblower
Protection
Enhancement Act (S. 372, H.R. 1507).

Over the past several months we have overcome opposition and now we are
closer
than ever to real reform. However, we risk having to start over next
Congress
if final passage of this bill isn’t made a political imperative. And in the
meantime, countless whistleblowers continue to be the target of retaliation,
without having any credible rights to defend themselves with.

All of the cards are stacked in our favor, but time is running out! Congress
needs to hear from you -- the whistleblowers and public at large that this
reform is intended to protect.

Please visit the LAC to contact your representatives and senators to express
the importance of this issue!

Jessica McGilvray
Assistant Director

You may view the latest post at
http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=5255

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates
are
posted.
Best regards,
Jacob Roberts