[Libs-Or] LYRASIS Presents "2nd Friday" Series

Linda Gonzalez Linda.Gonzalez at Lyrasis.org
Fri Apr 1 08:15:30 PDT 2011

LYRASIS Professional Development invites you to join us in our virtual librarian’s lounge every 2nd Friday scheduled from 9:30 – 11:00 pm (Pacific Time). During each session, you will be given the opportunity to connect with your peers, discuss the hottest topics, and share best practices.

Member Cost: $25
Non-Member Cost: $35

We kick off this series Friday, April 8th with "RDA in a Nutshell." For more information or to register please see:
http://www.lyrasis.org/Classes-and-Events/2nd-Friday-Series.aspx

April 8, 2011: RDA in a Nutshell from FRBR to RDA
There has been quite a bit discussion about Resource Description and Access (RDA). This session will provide an overview of the essentials of RDA and FRBR (Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records), as well as the highlight some of the differences in cataloging practice RDA would introduce. We believe this class will be useful for administrators and those outside of cataloging with an interest in how cataloging may change in the future.

Thanks for your time in reading, and best regards,
Linda

Linda M. Gonzalez
Professional Development Librarian
LYRASIS – West Office
linda.gonzalez at lyrasis.org
404.892.0943 x2922
720.215.2180 Cell

LYRASIS Headquarters
1438 West Peachtree Street NW, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30309
Toll Free: 800.999.8558
Fax: 404.892.7879
www.lyrasis.org

LYRASIS: Great Libraries. Strong Communities. Innovative Answers.