[Libs-Or] vendor supply discounts

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Tue Aug 23 16:12:42 PDT 2011

As most of you know, all  the libraries in the state were provided with a complimentary one-year membership to LYRASIS which ended on June 30, 2011. If libraries want to take advantage of all of the services  LYRASIS offers  they will have to join independently  of the State Library. However,  several library staff members have inquired about vendor supply discounts and LYRASIS has  agreed to extend those supply discounts to all Oregon libraries. Please see below for information on who the supply vendors are and how to obtain the discount code.

The Oregon State Library (OSL) is an institutional member of LYRASIS, the nation's largest regional non-profit membership organization serving libraries (www.lyrasis.org<http://www.lyrasis.org>). By virtue of this membership, libraries in Oregon may take advantage of certain LYRASIS services without becoming members themselves.

Specifically, Oregon libraries may receive discounts on library supplies from select vendors.  We have posted a list of these vendors on the Library Development website: http://oregon.gov/osl/ld/resources/lyrasisor.shtml

For participating vendors, OSL staff will provide you with LYRASIS' discount codes to be communicated directly to the vendor with your order. To get a vendor code please contact Ferol Weyand, 503-378-2525, ferol.weyand at state.or.us<mailto:ferol.weyand at state.or.us>.

We are pleased to offer this LYRASIS service to libraries across the state. We encourage you to take advantage of them.

To take advantage of LYRASIS products and services, beyond the library supply discounts, contact Regan Harper regan.harper at lyrasis.org<mailto:regan.harper at lyrasis.org> to discuss membership in LYRASIS for your library.

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Library Development Program Manager
Oregon State Library
503-378-5012