[Libs-Or] student volunteers needed for the Archives Crawl

Jennifer Keyser mjkeyser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:07:44 PDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jennifer Keyser <mjkeyser at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 2:02 PM
Subject: student volunteers needed for the Archives Crawl
To: slimor-11 at slimlist.emporia.edu, slimor-12 at slimlist.emporia.edu,
tbada at emporia.edu, kthakur at emporia.edu,
becca.bastron at students.sjsu.edu, katrinatobrien at gmail.com,
chrisfuller2 at gmail.com, johnsonxm at gmail.com, matthewhubule at me.com,
sproctor at psu.edu, mcar1996 at yahoo.com, pmishima at gmail.com,
jeff.fernandez at live.com, libs-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us,
portland-area-archivists at googlegroups.com

The second annual Oregon Archives Crawl is happening on October 15,
2011 and volunteers are needed to help make it a successful event. The
Oregon Archives Crawl brings together over 30 organizations at 4 main
venues in the downtown Portland area, allowing the public to tour the
venues and get a peek at the archives and special collections of a
variety of institutes. The crawl happens throughout the day on
Saturday with an after party at McMenamin's Mission Pub. The crawl is
organized by the Portland Area Archivists  Learn more about the crawl:
 Oregon Archives Crawl website

I am looking for students in MLS and MLIS graduate programs that have
a passion for archives and history.  It is a great opportunity to get
involved with a unique event and network with archivists working in
the Pacific Northwest.

Volunteers are needed to help out with the following:

hand out fliers at the farmer's market at PSU on the Saturday prior to
and of the crawl
greeters at the venues (providing basic info, hand out fliers, etc.)
after party --including set up and greeting

The volunteer shifts are flexible, including morning, afternoon and
early evening shifts.  More details to follow.

See attached fliers for details about the second annual Oregon Archives Crawl

As a recent MLS graduate, I have found that getting involved with
events and local organizations is a great way to meet people working
in the field and demonstrate my passion for my career. I am hoping
through recruiting students to help out with this fun event, that I
can provide invaluable opportunities for the future generation of
librarians and archivists.  If you are interested in volunteering or
have questions about it, please drop me a line: mjkeyser at gmail.com.
Please let me know if you are interested in a specific component of
the event or time slot. Feel free to pass on this call for volunteers
to friends, classmates and colleagues.

Best,
Jennifer Keyser