[Libs-Or] PNBA 2011 Invitation to Librarians

Robin Beerbower rbeerbower at cityofsalem.net
Wed Aug 31 08:49:52 PDT 2011

An invitation and more information from PNBA. I apologize for the wonky links but our email system doesn't easily allow HTML emails.  If the links don't work for you, go directly to the PNBA website - http://www.pnba.org/show.htm

Dear Northwest Librarians,

The Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association (PNBA) invites you to
attend our fall show, which will be held at the Holiday Inn at the
Portland Airport, Thursday through Saturday, October 13 - 15. We had
a great response from librarians last year, and asked Robin
Beerbower of the Salem (OR) Public Library to put together a new series of
education sessions just for librarians this year. Robin has surpassed
our expectations, with wonderful educational sessions all day long on
Thursday, October 13. The preliminary education schedule for the day
is posted - http://www.pnba.org/show2011/EdPrelim11.pdf - on our web site,
as a pdf. Please remember that, although we do have one room set aside for
education designed specifically for librarians, everyone who attends the show is welcome
to attend any sessions that you would like. You are welcome to move
back and forth between any of the educational sessions that interest
you.

The show will also feature a terrific line-up of national and
regional authors, and you are encouraged to attend as many of those
author events as you would like. The complete show schedule is posted -
http://www.pnba.org/show2011/F11FullSchedPrelim.pdf -
with the lists of authors who will speak at the Breakfasts, and
the general show page -  http://www.pnba.org/show.htm -
on our site has links to pdfs of all of   the author events and their schedules.
All librarians and booksellers  are encouraged to attend any of the parties or author meal events
that you might like.

The only change from last year's show is that anyone who wants to get
copies of the autographed books at any of the signing sessions must
first purchase a "literacy badge," which funds the PNBA's Matching
Literacy Grant Program. That program matches donations from our
member bookstores to their local literacy associations, a cause that
many librarians also support. You may purchase a literacy badge on
site or when you register for the show, for $30.00 per person. We are
very grateful to all those who contribute to the program by
purchasing a literacy badge.

Everyone at PNBA hopes that you and your staff will have a chance to
come to the PNBA show and enjoy the education, networking and author
connections that it affords. We think that if you do, you will learn
enough, make such good connections, and have so much fun that you
will want to come back again and again. You may register for the show
using the form posted - http://www.pnba.org/show2011/F11AttendeeReg.pdf -
on our web site, and pay your library membership on that form. If your library joins PNBA (cost $150), then
up to FOUR people from your library may attend the show for free.
(Individual book professionals may attend the show for an $85 badge
fee. The shows are not open to the public.) The most efficient way to
make a room reservation at our host hotel is to use the on-line
registration form posted on our tradeshow web page. Click the logo
for the Holiday Inn on the upper right of the page, fill in only the
dates that you want to stay overnight, type the letters "PNB" in the
"group code" box, click the "check availability" button on the lower
right, and you will be offered the room choices. Our group rate of
$99/night plus tax (with free parking!) will be available only
through Friday, September 30, or until the rooms are sold out.

Thank you for your consideration of this invitation--I hope to see
you at the Show!!

Sincerely,

Thom

Thom Chambliss, Executive Director
Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association
338 West 11th Avenue, Suite 108
Eugene, OR 97401-3062
T: 541-683-4363
F: 541-683-3910
E: thom at pnba.org
W: www.pnba.org
B: www.northwestbooklovers.org
Fall 2011 Show: Thursday - Saturday, OCTOBER 13 - 15, at the Holiday
Inn at the Portland Airport
Fall 2012 Show: Saturday - Monday, October 13 -15, at the Hotel
Murano in Tacoma, WA