[Libs-Or] How to Check Status of Gale Databases

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Mon Feb 28 12:39:31 PST 2011

This morning Gale had technical difficulties with their databases that resulted in intermittent access problems for about three hours.

If you have problems accessing Gale, you can check the status of the databases.  Go to the national Gale support page and look at the bottom box in the column on the right, which is labeled Status.  Right now you'll see a message that says the databases are currently operating normally, and you'll see another message that explains this morning's problem.  Notice the option to sign up to receive announcements via RSS feed.
            http://support.gale.com/gale/index.html

One thing to note is that Gale isn't always quick to post problems.  I suspect one reason is because they need to determine if the problem is a temporary glitch or one that will last longer.

I'm happy to look into Gale access problems for you, but if I'm away from my desk, checking the status on Gale's site is another option.

[cid:image001.png at 01CBD742.D599C930]

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer