[Libs-Or] Continuing Education for Oregon Library Personnel: Report

Donna Reed donna.reed at mobile.pcc.edu
Wed Jan 5 15:05:47 PST 2011

Hello,

As you may know, Portland Community College Library (PCC) received LSTA funding last year to do a needs assessment of the continuing education needs for Oregon library personnel.  The study focused on all library types and all staffing levels in Oregon.  Ruth Metz of Ruth Metz Associates managed the project working with six regional consultants - Althea Bonebrake, Connie Christopher, Pam North, Wyma Rogers, Timothy Smith, and Cessa Vichi.  Roberta Richards from PCC was also involved in the project.

Attached please find the report from the study.  It includes a summary, findings from the needs assessment, a proposed model and business plan, and proposed next steps.  Please take time to review the findings and let me know if you have comments or suggestions.  This is the beginning of the dissemination process and we are in the early stages of planning next steps.

I want to thank the State Library for supporting this effort, Ruth Metz and her team for their excellent work and those of you who participated in the needs analysis.  Please feel free to share the study widely.

Sincerely,

Donna Reed
Library Director
Portland Community College