[Libs-Or] FW: Spread the Word: Our Authors, Our Advocates PSAs Now Available

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Wed Jan 12 07:43:01 PST 2011

FYI,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem, OR 97301
503.378.5011
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us

________________________________
From: Roberta Stevens [jfinneke at ala.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:27 AM
To: Jennifer Maurer
Subject: Spread the Word: Our Authors, Our Advocates PSAs Now Available

[ilovelibraries.org]

Dear Colleagues,

I’ve long believed that authors are natural allies of libraries. Especially in these challenging times, they understand the key role that libraries and library staff play in the economic, social and educational fabric of our nation. They can speak passionately on the importance of not only sustaining, but increasing support for libraries. My presidential initiative, Our Authors, Our Advocates: Authors Speak Out for Libraries, is a new campaign that enlists America’s authors to become articulate and powerful spokespeople for libraries.

Please help fuel the national dialogue on America’s libraries. Spread the word. These public services announcements are available for placement on your library’s website and for sharing with your library’s advocates.

Our Authors, Our Advocates just launched at the ALA Midwinter Meeting. Stay tuned for more to come throughout the year. Visit www.ourauthorsouradvocates.org<http://maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=3467&client=ala1&campaign=916&email=jennifer.maurer@state.or.us>.

Thank you,

Roberta Stevens
2010-2011 President
American Library Association