[Libs-Or] OSLIS Update: Temporary Access to Gale Databases & Citation Maker

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Jan 28 15:58:38 PST 2011

If you use OSLIS with K12 patrons, please read on.  Please pardon the cross-posting.

Until we get OSLIS back up and running, you have temporary access to the Gale databases and Citation Maker via "back doors."

For Citation Maker, still use these links that I sent in an earlier email.  Remember that even though Citation Maker is up to date on the old site, the information literacy resources and links to the subscriptions databases are not current.
MLA Elementary: http://old.oslis.org/MLACitations/elementary/index.php
MLA Secondary: http://old.oslis.org/MLACitations/secondary/index.php
APA: http://old.oslis.org/APACitations/

For access to the Gale databases, go to the support page Gale created for Oregon libraries when they became our vendor.
www.galesupport.com/oregon<http://www.galesupport.com/oregon>
            Click on the OSLIS logo found in the lower left corner.
If your school's or district's IP addresses are on file with Gale, you should get instant access to the menu of database choices.
Otherwise, you will get the usual login screen that prompts you for your user name and password.

Many thanks to Chris M. at Gale for his quick response in creating temporary access to the Gale databases.

Please share this information with others you know or suspect are not on the OASL or OSLIST listservs.

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant