[Libs-Or] [Etude] Winter issue of Etude is here

Michael Werner mwerner1 at uoregon.edu
Mon Jan 31 12:49:45 PST 2011

The winter 2011 issue of

Etude: The Journal of Literary Nonfiction

is here

http://etude.uoregon.edu

In this issue…

CHRIS WIEWIORA takes us into the tank at SeaWorld where a killer whale
earns his nickname.

SCOTT TUCKER takes us to Guinea, West Africa, where he watches an
extraordinary man live his ordinary life.

GRACE PETTYGROVE takes us on the road, Kerouac style.

FREDERICK REIMERS takes us to check Stand Six where Buddy makes
service into an art

MICHELLE THERIAULT BOOTS spends Christmas Eve in Accra, alone but not
lonely.

In LISTEN UP, our audio feature, OPB’s Emily Harris interviews author
Lauren Kessler and her daughter (and subject of a new book) about the
joys and challenges of writing close to home.

In WIDE ANGLE, our multi-media feature, Amanda Peacher profiles a no-
longer solitary mushroom hunter.

Plus…

New York Times best-selling author DAVID GRANN talks to Michael Werner
about the quest for great stories.

THOMAS HAGER gets real about the e-book.

LAUREN KESSLER delivers the Gettysburg address. Sort of.

Our thoughtful reviewers offer insight on six new works of narrative
nonfiction.

---

Etude is published quarterly by the Literary Nonfiction program at the
University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication.

As always, we encourage and invite your comments. Use the “contact us”
link on the magazine’s website. Look for our SPRING issue on April 30.

Enjoy all our back issues, archived at our site.