[Libs-Or] Help Shape the Future of IMLS

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Wed Jul 20 14:18:09 PDT 2011

As an FYI, the IMLS is the federal agency that administers LSTA funds.

[IMLS logo]
Dear Colleague,

Did you know that there is an exciting conversation going on about future directions for the Institute of Museum and Library Services? On Friday, July 15 we launched http://imls.ideascale.com to engage the public in discussions that will help to shape our next five-year strategic plan. Since Friday, over 90 people have joined in. They are sharing new ideas, voting to agree or disagree with ideas and providing comments. We will use this input to help develop our plan, which will provide a roadmap for future activities, help us communicate clearly and concisely about agency results, and provide for accountability.

We know the years ahead will be full of rapid change and we want your ideas about how we can carry out our statutory responsibility "to support museum, library, and information services to meet the information, education, research, economic, cultural, and civic needs of the people of the United States."

So visit http://imls.ideascale.com and participate. You may want to check on the conversation a few times during the coming weeks to see new ideas and add your comments. The site will be open for business until August 12, 2011.

I hope that you will participate and share this message with your networks.

Sincerely,

Susan H. Hildreth
Director, Institute of Museum and Library Services

Sent by

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Library Development Services
Oregon State Library