[Libs-Or] OLA Quarterly Fall edition: Call for Writers

Janet Tapper jtapper at uws.edu
Thu Jun 23 10:46:42 PDT 2011

Service is a word that brings many things to mind. There's service to community, country, God, and mankind. We all receive service; both good and bad. We in the library community, perhaps as much as any profession there is, are in the business of "service".
What comes to your mind when you hear the word "service"? How does the concept of service affect your work, your life?

In a different direction, how do we define service quality? Can we? Do libraries offer a unique flavor of service?  Does service mean something different to us by generations? Is it defined by our circumstances such as region or economic status?

Share your thoughts, musings, perhaps... grumblings, about this open-ended word Service that has such impact on our lives for the Fall edition of the OLA Quarterly.

Please send a brief summary (250 words or less) of your proposed article by July 8, 2010 to Janet Tapper (guest editor/ Fall) at jtapper at uws.edu.
I will notify authors no later than July 15 and articles will be due by August 1, 2011. Publication is September 15, 2011.

I would especially appreciate participation from librarians and paraprofessionals from Central and Eastern Oregon and special libraries everywhere.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

For a list of guidelines for potential authors, check out:
http://web.memberclicks.com/mc/page.do?sitePageId=64570&orgId=ola

Back issues of OLAQ are available on OLA's website at
http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=64573&orgId=ola

Janet Tapper, MLS
University Librarian

University of Western States
W. A. Budden Library
2900 NE 132nd Avenue | Portland | Oregon 97229
p 503.251.5757 | f 503.251.2759 | e jtapper at uws.edu<mailto:jtapper at uws.edu>