[Libs-Or] ILL procedures in public libraries

Rebecca Gabert rgabert at cityofsalem.net
Sat Jun 25 16:26:36 PDT 2011

We are reviewing some of our ILL procedures.  We would like to know how other public libraries handle these questions.

How can your patrons submit ILL requests - in-person, phone, online?
How do you handle shipping/other pass-through charges?
What wording do you use on your forms/websites to explain these fees?
Can your patrons set maximum amounts they are willing to pay?  What happens if an item costs more than the set maximum?

Thank you for your help.

Rebecca Gabert
Senior Librarian

Salem Public Library