[Libs-Or] HarperCollins

Bob Jones Bob.Jones at milton-freewater-or.gov
Tue Mar 1 11:46:03 PST 2011

I received an e-mail from Mr. Marwell today, with a "statement" attached:

Dear Mr. Jones,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your thoughts re: our new eBook terms.

While obviously we don't agree with your conclusion, we do agree with your statements regarding the importance of libraries as customers for publishers and as bedrocks of our local communities.  I'm attaching a statement that puts our decision into more context.

Please review and let me know your further thoughts.

Sincerely,
Josh Marwell
President of Sales
HarperCollins Publishers