[Libs-Or] Community Collaborations for Outreach Services

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Wed Mar 16 17:29:36 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I've been asked to speak at the Texas Library Association conference this spring about how libraries in Oregon are partnering and collaborating with community organizations in their outreach services, with an emphasis on outreach to the Spanish speaking communities.    This is an outcome of OLA's involvement with the Amo Leer project that provided $9,000 in children's Spanish books to 20 small Oregon Libraries.   The project has been replicated in Texas and Oklahoma and they would like to hear what we are doing in Oregon at both the Amo Leer libraries and at other libraries.

I would love an e-mail from any of you that tells me about your collaboration.  It can be anecdotal, you don't have to give me a bunch of stats, but I would like to know about the kinds of groups you are working with and how that has helped your outreach efforts.   I'd really like to WOW those Texans with what we are doing in Oregon!

While this is focused on Spanish outreach, the program I'm speaking at is also talking about other outreach partnerships, so if you've got a great partnership in another area you'd like to relate, please let me know about it.

Again, thanks in advance for sharing your stories of collaboration!

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library
503 E. Hancock      Newberg,  OR  97132
P  503.537.1256         F 503.538.9720
P Think Green - Only print message if needed and then recycle!