[Libs-Or] Shameless conference session promotion #147

Maureen Cole mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Wed Mar 30 16:58:51 PDT 2011

Dear OLA attendees (and that's everyone out there, right?)
In this era of shameless promotion, the Past Presidents do not want to be left out. As a group (ok, Round Table) and individually, we are fairly talented at shameless promotion. We'd like to pass these skills on to you. You won't regret it.

Btw, have I mentioned our fundraiser? Oops, there I go, shameless promotion. More on that later.

In all seriousness, please join our session and panel presentation on Friday at 11:00 to learn more about being involved in OLA. OLA is only as good as the people who step up to volunteer for the positions which keep the organization going. It's a tremendous honor and opportunity to serve OLA, but how does one go about it? What kind of toll does it really take on one's real life and job?  We have a great panel line-up for you as well as results from our survey to share.

You know you want to be there. See you Friday @ 11:00.
Mo

Time: 4/8/2011, 11:00:00 AM

Title: Just Say YES: Members Build OLA -- OLA Builds Members
Description: In a panel format past and present OLA leaders will define and describe what they really do. The OLA Association Manager will explain support provided. Official responsibilities and unstated expectations will be revealed. Actual time commitments will be acknowledged. Thrilling moments and lurid OLA secrets will be divulged. The ultimate questions "Why be involved" and "How to cope with being involved" will be answered. Audience participation will assist OLA in developing methods to mentor new leaders, advance them through the organization, and keep them involved over time.

Speakers: Robert Hulshof-Schmidt, Program Manager, Oregon State Library; Connie Anderson-Cohoon, Reference Services Coordinator, Southern Oregon University
Library; Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian, Washington County Cooperative Library Services; Shirley Roberts, OLA Association Manager and instructor at Eastern Oregon University Pierce Library, Kate Rubick, Instruction Services Librarian, Watzek Library, Lewis & Clark College; and Leah Griffith, Director of the Newberg Public Library, and Maureen Cole, Director, Oregon City Public Library.

PS More on our fundraiser tomorrow. Stay tuned!